Inside of helmets

silent

Was wondering how people do the inside of their helmets. I have read that it is good to paint the inside black, but do people normally use foam pads or like the strapping inside of a hard hat?

Any pics would be wonderful

I use a childs cycle helmet adjuster in mine.....same principle as the safety hat.......Cant beat a scout lid that is locked firmly into place. Like lonewolf I only have a little of the inside black so that when on the ear holes show nothing but black

Thanks for the good advice, i will have tons more questions i am sure, looking forward to air and scare so i can see some of the suits. I am a very visual individual and seeing it helps me go, ah ha thats how you do it

I have just received my headband (for a welding helmet) and will use this and the chin cup to make sure everything is in place.

As the others, I used back material to make sure you only see black when looking through the ear holes.

I can post a pic once I am done.

• 3 months later...

Like I do in my Sandtrooper bucket...I'll use a hard hat suspension again. It's comfortable and holds helmet in place very well. I also have a hard hat liner cooling pad that I soak in water and attach it to the suspension that helps keep me cool in hot and humid months here in Charleston. We have brutal heat here too

Since my big melon barely fits into my KS, with the speaker system & fan battery pack, I just have a few pieces of foam here & there. My ear holes are covered with black mesh to hide the fans.

Dude, there is a section in the gallery showing an original helmet from all angles. As you prefer visuals, this section will provide everything you need to make your helmet not only accurate but comfortable too :-).

Andy.

I coated the interior with black spray PlastiDip, giving it a rubbery coating that eliminates the ABS squeak, and a bit of padding repurposed from a $5 batting helmet I picked up at Wally World. I also have mesh covering the ear openings, since the KS ears are pretty shallow and ears tend to show. Since my grape is so large, there's not much room for anything else. I do have a pair of micro fans I've yet to install...

Dude, there is a section in the gallery showing an original helmet from all angles.

While we're on the subject, how does the accurate suspension band attach to the helmet? I know the LW helmet had a couple of holes in the sides for either rivets or screws to attach too. That's the only thing I can't make out from the gallery helmet pics :/

While we're on the subject, how does the accurate suspension band attach to the helmet? I know the LW helmet had a couple of holes in the sides for either rivets or screws to attach too. That's the only thing I can't make out from the gallery helmet pics :/

I could be totally wrong here, but I think it's at least partially connected by the two visor bolts on the sides.

I could be totally wrong here, but I think it's at least partially connected by the two visor bolts on the sides.

I thought that was the case, because it's that way for a welders mask. I guess the SC helmet is just a little bit smaller. Gonna be a tight fit. Thanks BJ :)