My biker scout

Guest Jsweeney200

Guest Jsweeney200

Hey folks

Well I've finally managed to get some time free and become a bit more active around here for a change, moving on.

I ordered my armour from studio creations about a week ago and already I can't wait for it to arrive. Also felt damn good to get that part ordered and enroute.

I already have the flightsuit, gloves and biker pistol done so won't have to worry about that at all.

My next item I'll be getting is my MLC lid which i've the money for and which I'll be ordering hopefully this week if not next week for sure.

Then finally I'll be getting my cummerbund and boots in and around Christmas so I'm hoping to have it done for around february or march.

So if you have any advice or info please let me know as I'm sure the more I know the better.

Jonathan

If you're ordering the helmet from MC then be prepared for a longer waiting time. The estimated 10-12 weeks will probably be nowhere near the actual time it takes. I think I've read that some people order directly from MLC and then it's a lot quicker, but you need to get the snout and decals from somewhere else. So it's a matter of weighing the pros and cons, quality vs time basically.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Jsweeney200

so the time has come

i've got all my armour out of the box,

sanded down all the parts to round of the sharp edges and i've sewed the elastic and velcro together and followed the instructions.

001-6.jpg

(Close up of armour)

003-6.jpg

and here is a picture of my flight suit on a mannequin.

004-5.jpg

other news:

I've ordered my lid from MLC and i'm just in the process or ordering decals, lense and snout piece from Moncal.

i've my blaster almost painted too which will make a great addition to the suit.

Ordering my cummerbund and boots tommorow so alls good. i'm hoping to receive all parts before christmas so i avoid the christmas/new year post rush.

so thats my recent work and looking forward to my next update.

As usual any comments or anything please feel free to post

:bikerscout: Jonathan

Guest Jsweeney200

Update;

Good news- ordered my cummerbund and boots and I'll have them before Christmas "yayyyyy"

Bad news- now I have to get decals, a lense and a snout piece which is gonna cost me $40 to get. "awhhh"

Update;

Good news- ordered my cummerbund and boots and I'll have them before Christmas "yayyyyy"

Bad news- now I have to get decals, a lense and a snout piece which is gonna cost me $40 to get. "awhhh"

Not a bad dilemma to be in. That's 5 pieces closer to completion. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jsweeney200

Yes through the hole mate, go around the outside and then into the hole. Have a bit of velcro stuck in the sides of the knee armour and a corresponding tab on the elastic. I also have a piece of velcro in the flat of the knee and a piece on my flight suit to stop it moving job done.

This is basically the same for all the armour parts except for the shoulders, I still have the leastic and velcro, just no slots for it to go through

Here's how I did it. No velcro, just two loops on the end which I hand-stitched. The velcro on the inside is really what's keeping it up so there's no need to tighten it too much. I stretched it as much as I could, then fastened it with a pin, and then sewed it together.

P1000196.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Jsweeney200

well it's been a while since i updated this thread so here is where i am.

i've got the blaster finished, boots finished, have my cummerbund,helmet done.

Tommorow the plan is to start into the chest armour and belt.

i've previously sewed all the parts for the various pieces ie (knees,elbows, etc) but they won't stretch anymore and i'm afraid they'll break so i may just need to re-sew and start from scratch.

bikerscout.jpg

624.jpg

BIKERSCOUT1.jpg

BIKERSCOUTBOOT.jpg

thats where i am so far. more pics will be posted when i progress

Guest Jsweeney200

WELL HEY GUYS...........

i didn't expect to be here again so soon but i really ploughed through loads today between my biker scout and my predator suit.

so today i got the chance to re-sew all the bits such as the knees etc and tommorow i plan to re-sew the shoulder bells because i know they're not tight enough.

overall i felt like i did a fair bit.

so here is the pics of where i am at for the moment and the pics were taken today (first time i wore most of the suit)

006-7.jpg

005-6.jpg

004-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

001-8.jpg

so yeah, i'll check in again sometime during the middle of the week for pics of armour and next week hopefully in regards to everything else

Jonathan