DC-15x scout sniper rifle

Stunning work! I think it's set the new standard for the DC-15x. I haven't seen a better one.

You haven't cut any corners and it really shows in the finished piece.

Needless to say, I'd like to be on your list if you produce a casts from it. B)

Unfortunately the costs of molding and the amount of resin needed for each cast was going to work out too much, for something that might not sell. So have decided not to for now, unless someone in the mean time comes up with a plan.

• 3 months later...

MY rifle ;-) trooped really well. Is a little heavy. But not to heavy to troop and about on par with woodchucks DC15 L

ooooof - I've trooped a Woodchuck DC15L........I did three hours, switched to my shorty & sold it on a forum lol!!!! However I don't have weight lifting listed as an interest

- fair play to you my friend

Ive trooped it twice now, first time was a whole day. And it was certainly manageable, besides you can rest the butt on the floor if needs be, but I tend to favour the one arm carry with the gun facing skywards. I only did a morning and a parade at legoland as the others wanted to take it out and the wife didnt fancy it.

Lee did say and I agree it made the whole scout trooping experience much more enjoyable as the public was drawn to the gun. I noticed when walking about guys say wow look at his gun, and wanted pics with it.

So yeah well worth the agro building it, just wish I could figure how to mold it for you guys to share in this

• Like 1

The one thing I would say is just dont make the mistake of laying in the floor with the bipod out. When I did this at the top of some steps. I never thought the public were going to let me stand up again ;-). The one handed hold is the most comfortable and your less likely to hit people with it when walking.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you ever post up the plans for the main body? I'm having a hard time finding specific measurements for this thing. Got myself 2 rounded L shaped steel bars (2ft - .6 meters) for the barrel. I've got a friend with access to a computer controlled cutter, just gotta get the drawings to him. The T-21 he's working on looks perfect.

• 4 months later...

Couldn't see if you posted somewhere else. I completely understand if you've been too busy to get those measurements done. I know you have both the DC-15x you constructed and an MG-42, right? How does the barrel on yours compare to the MG-42 in size? The WOF template looks like 52cm long, 4cm wide at the flash hider and 6cm wide where it attaches to the body.

I'm thinking this week, I'm gonna carve some vac-form bucks out of lumber to make the outer square barrel for my rifle. I think I'll leave the bottom closed, wide holes down the sides and staggered circular holes in the top. Gotta decide if I wanna do rounded top or the flat panels coming to a point. Either way, I think I can get that vac-formed as two pieces (left/right), with sunken divots where the holes are to be drilled.

I was going to just make a frame from flat aluminum bars and make the actual outside from sintra, but there's so many people who seem interested in this project, I figured I'd make something that can easily be replicated to save whoever builds the next one some work. I'm also going to vac-form the cover that goes over the main body of the MG-42 with some of the details for the top.

I've just got my rifle out of storage for the Star Wars legoland weekend, so will get you some photos when I get back.

I most definitely would round the top of the barrel, I started off with a flat top barrel but it really didn't look right. The slots on all four sides are very important as is the flash hider as it's rectangular rather than round.

The basic mg42 shape will do for the stock but remove all the greblies as the dc15 doesn't use any of the mg stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Does your barrel taper towards the flash hider? The MG looks like it's the same width as the body for about 12cm/4inches then starts to taper down. It's hard to tell in your pictures if you did that or kept it the same width/height for the whole length. Keeping it flat would be easier than getting that angle symmetrical on two vac-form molds.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HamBone

Very clean! I'm going to attempt to make my own... someday. Have you attempted to mold/cast yet? If so, how'd it turn out?

• 8 months later...