DC-15x scout sniper rifle

Those watching this thread and maybe interested in one of these, do you feel a hollow barrel like the original with an inner barrel, or a solid barrel would be best as that would be stronger?

I could put a steel rod in the inner barrel for strength, if I make these hollow

Now I'm no caster but for asthetics I'd want the barrel with a rod - has too much potential to look a bit dodgy.

Again, no expert but could the central barrel & extending muzzle all be one piece - maybe made from wood???? It would look good & if it could be inserted 3, 4, 5" into the stock it would also carry alot of the weight??

Dunno - like it though heh heh

The gun I hoping will be made in a few bits - Stock, inner barrel, outer barrel, bipod, scope and muzzel

I was hoping to have the muzzel and outer barrel in one piece but dont think that will work.

I really cant get my head around how on earth im going to mold the barrel hollow???

Think im going to have to quiz the guys on the RPF

With the solid barrel it could still be dremmeld through the slots, but obviously it wouldnt have the inner barrel then. Id like these to go out hollow really as they would look much better

The only other option would be to mold the inner barrel and muzzel attached to the outer barrel, and cley fill the edges level around the side slots and down to the inner barrel, so once casted you can still see some of the inner barrel but not all the way along if you like which you cant on the hollow one.

It would just have to be a level slot as any under cut on te side slots would mean I wont be able to get it out the mold, the whole thing will then be alot stronger.

Ive primered the barrel today and hoping to shoot some colour if the weather holds tomorrow

Got it painted up today despite the snow lol, I made a block to go between the scope mounts to make it look one piece as thats what it looks like to me.

Now to start thinking how im going to go about the mold, not sure how this is going to go lol. Never made a mold in my life or poured resin

• 1 month later...