DC-15x scout sniper rifle

Not a bad idea. I did up an E-11 with a flat black that almost looks grey in color. I primed it first with automotive grey oxide primer, hit it with a really flat black, then weathered it doing a dry brush silver. The end result is almost a grey-ish-black finish.

TK8455029b.jpg

Guest xphiledgex

I believe that it is more along the lines of a firearm color. I think the dark grey or black would work as long as it is flat, just my opinion

Guest xphiledgex
Not a bad idea. I did up an E-11 with a flat black that almost looks grey in color. I primed it first with automotive grey oxide primer, hit it with a really flat black, then weathered it doing a dry brush silver. The end result is almost a grey-ish-black finish.

TK8455029b.jpg

I like how this one came out

Now use your imagination, these are the plans I have drawn up for the muzzel/ flash hider, Im hoping I can sweet talk the wifes brother into machining this for me.

Now that's something you should have him machine up a few of!

I will be casting it mate once done, the guns will cost way too much with machined parts, Im lucky and have mates and family who will make a master. Theres no way I can get lots done, resin will be fine, I am planning on having an ali inner barrel for strength. Got the reciever primered today, and the barrel is at my college being welded up and picking it up next week

Got the reciever painted up today, it needs to be wet flatted and a matt clear coat added. But I will leave as is for now as it will mold better. If I weather it now all the marks may show in the castings

DSC09147.jpg

DSC09148.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Still no updates im affraid, My barrel isnt back as it is being done as a favour they dont seem to be rushing it. And the misses bro cant do the muzzel so going to have to pay to get that done, Ive hopefully found a guy on the UKG who maybe able to do it, how much for though I dont know.

But I will have a go at casting it for sure.

Not too much to report, barrel came back from the welders, needs filling and spraying but it fits well. I may well make a angled section where the barrel meets the reciever to make that area a little pleasing on the eye. But its starting to take shape

DSC09355.jpg

DSC09356.jpg