Choosing the right armour

Ritek

Hi everyone, first of all sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask.. but it seemed appropriate.

The time for me to buy my white parts is approaching and I was wondering if there was any noticable size difference between the different providers as I'm quite a small build.

Thanks!

Moncal / MC is the smallest between KS (bigger) and SC (in the middle).

Wait time was way too long for MC so I went with SC due to good turnaround and great service.

I'm a smaller build too but I trimmed down the SC chest and back to fit.

My build thread

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=9781

Thanks a lot, I actually just finished reading though that, looks awesome!

I'm thinking of going SC also, everything is point in that direction. I'm just a little concered with trimming stuff down neatly, mainly the chest and biceps!

Never done anything like this before.

Thanks again for the info!

If MC can ship to you fairly quick id say that would be the way to go for your build. That being said I love my SC armour but is more suited to a taller broader trooper, but like Terry said it can be made to fit if you dont mind the work. Where abouts are you in the UK mate as there maybe a UKG member close to you who could help?

Hi thanks for the reply, I live in Leeds, UK (Up north). Do most of the kits look ok with mix and match helmets? for example without spraying would an SC helm have the same white look as MC armour?

Also, I have never seen an MC kit up for sale so I'm assuming it's all PM's, could anyone let me know a rough cost for that kit?

Thanks again! :)

You can expect a 3% color shift in color between propmakers parts, as propmakers do not usually buy from the same sheet plastic manufacturer. And, even if they did, each batch of ABS plastic is a slightly different color than any other batch of ABS plastic, because ABS is not naturally white in color,. They have to hand-add a white pigment to the manufacturing process when they make the sheet plastic, and this causes variations in batch color.