Micke's Scout Build!

askernas

Hi Micke

try to move the bags a bit outside the chest plate, that way they won't appear so big as when they lie flat on your belly. Our GML had a good pointer for me, the right bag should start somewhere just inside the grey stripe on your chest.

I also cut the edges of the foam inside the bags at an angle to get them to not be so 'perky'.

And of course, what I said over at NG with the bund and the clips on the side boxes. ;)

/P

Thanks Southscout! I will move them around and see if they look better!

Thanks for the tips on NG as well, haven't had time to work on the biker as I've been rushing around the clock to get my R2 finished!

Tomorrow he'll be all done!

Then back to the biker scout, and hopefully get the bag issue fixed with moving them around a bit =)

I may sew them in a tad as well, if I can. I will take a look at it next week! =)

cheers guys!

//Micke

Well... my R2 completed tonight...

I need to adjust my pouches somehow, even though they were made by our detachment leader...

Anyone got any suggestions for how I can adjust them to be smaller easily? I don't have the pattern or anything for them...

Bags have been reduced in width slightly. I also identified one issue that I had a cardboard box inside the pouches, which made them stand out more from the body, instead of conforming to my body curve, which made them look even bigger ;)

More pics to follow soon! =)

I certainly wouldnt make them any smaller as the height is right for your size, move them out slightly and less padding will give the apperance of smaller pouches. The smaller pouches I do would then be far to short for your height, so wouldnt be any good bro.

I woud say they are just way too padded and boxy looking which is causing the problem

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go again, a new series of pics! =)

Since I had a minor thing to change on my Biker Scout before 501st approval, this was fixed, but it took a week and a half to get the pictures done!

So, without further ado, here are the pics from my new biker scout build!

Enjoy!

IMG_7360-615x820.jpg

IMG_7372-615x820.jpg

IMG_7364-615x820.jpg

IMG_7366-615x820.jpg

IMG_7368-615x820.jpg

IMG_7370-615x820.jpg

IMG_7372-615x820.jpg

IMG_7374-615x820.jpg

IMG_7376-615x820.jpg

I will measure them tomorrow! For now everything's packed down.

From the standard size, I reduced them in width with about 15 mm, roughly.

Oh, the GML has now approved me... so.. all depends on the head office how long before I am an official TB ! =)