TB-74259 Requesting Lancer Status (APPROVED)

To the Honorable Lancer Review Team:

I am a fairly new member of the Legion. This hobby opened up a new world of wonderment and camaraderie to me. New friendships forged, awesome memories made.

I have since discovered and immensely enjoyed the hobby of building Star Wars characters. I've built a good number of costumes whose characters I've respectfully represented during countless troops. I have built my costumes with the aim of providing integrity to the character with level of cinematic details as much as I can achieve to the costumes.

When I was a kid, I wanted to become a Biker Scout. And when the opportunity came, "I became one," for about shy of 10 months now. When it was built, it was decided that I build it to the highest possible level a Scout could ever have. Yes. I've got my eyes set on applying for Lancer since day one. And I have dragged myself to finally decide to apply because I'm genuinely terrified with this process -- the sharp eye to details and exactness the Lancer Review Team is known for.

I also come to you with much trepidation, carrying doubt in myself if I can ever stand up to your standards as I'm a Scout who is vertically challenged (no pun intended). Yes. I am a short Trooper and I tried to build the costume as proportionate as I can to my body type. I also apologize for the "lived-in" look of the costume. This TB has seen a good amount of troops. :)

So without further ado, I humbly submit my Lancer application for your kind consideration...

COSTUME DETAILS:

Bucket - Altmann

Armor / Belt / TD - SC

Flight Suit - Modified Redkap

Genuine Suede - Tandy Leather

Gloves - Wampa Wear

Cummberbund / Pouches - Chris 909x

Vest - KriptonTop

Boots - Self made using Kingshow and Indoor/Outdoor Marine Commercial Vinyl

Blaster - Hyperfirm

TD Clip - TheClip.com

• Like 1

I had my 11-year old son help me take pictures. We decided to take pictures indoor and outdoor, hoping that different light sources can bring out the details. I know I'm taking chances in moving around too much during photo shoot for Lancer application (ie symmetrical parts might shift, etc), but in the interest of showing the costume in different lighting situations for the review team, I took the risk. So here goes...

INDOOR SHOTS

QqkGH0e.jpg

deOd1E1.jpg

aD8rCWC.jpg

YW7k1jC.jpg

Edited by RickyBoyBlue

ARMOR - SHOULDERS

poLeNJu.jpg

NOTE: Shoulder bells purposely taken at an angle to better capture the rounded bottom corners.

vq8kiFg.jpg

BELT

ORIGINAL BELT SUBMISSION

ipYHcpx.jpg

Ic2ySlM.jpg

07.22.17 Update: With a bit of time, I was able to improve on my belt as the original has seen a good amount of troop stress. I'm not liking anymore how it looks when worn. I made some adjustments to make it look a bit more "snappy," more "presentable."

And if I'm understanding the new Lancer CRL correctly, the back webbing of the belt should be made of nylon. and not cotton, so I changed it to nylon.

IMPROVED BELT SUBMISSION

aiIJeEE.jpg

FXmVuuq.jpg

Hi Ricky, thx for your introduction and the Lancer request. Also thanks for the nice pics which make our job a lot easier. I will guide further applicants towards your post to show how it's done properly ;-)

Please stand by while we review your application.

• Like 1

Hi Ricky, thx for your introduction and the Lancer request. Also thanks for the nice pics which make our job a lot easier. I will guide further applicants towards your post to show how it's done properly ;-)

Please stand by while we review your application.

Thank you very kindly.

Shall await developments with bated breath.

• 4 weeks later...

Respectfully requesting any feedback from the kind Review Team.

I know you all guys are busy, but opportunities and time that can be allocated to build and improve on the costume is challenging on my end too.

If there are already some items that can already be addressed so if some adjustments need to be made, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all for you understanding.

Cheers!

You application is still being discussed we will post feedback once it has been fully reviewed.

Thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

Hi Ricky,

sorry for the somewhat delayed feedback - holiday season has taken its toll on the review team ;-)

Okay, here's your shopping list:

- The mud flap too long and should be shortended by a bit over an inch

- The back armor should sit higher. I would suggest shortening the back bridge shoulder straps by about an inch.

- The vest sleeves are too long by about an inch. When you shorten them the upper arm armor should come up as well.

- The bund sits too high. It should end about in the middle of the chest/back armor strap

- One drop box strap is bunched in belt slots. I would recommend widening the slot.

- The upper arm armors should face to the sides

Additional observations not relevant for Lancer approval at this time:

- The elastic leg strap sits much too low. It should sit about the height of the arch of the cod piece (please see ref picture)

- The color of the TD tube looks almost white or a very very light grey. I would recommend using a darker (middle grey) color for it.

- The stitiching on the back on the one boot looks awfully black but I’d let that pass as weathering ;-)

- The cod piece itself looks pretty good but the arch stitiching should be (much) lower (please see reference picture)

reference_cod_bund.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback and review, Strider.

Shall address as much as I can starting this weekend.

Sir, I have some questions regarding this part of your requirements:

Additional observations not relevant for Lancer approval at this time:

- The elastic leg strap sits much too low. It should sit about the height of the arch of the cod piece (please see ref picture)

- The color of the TD tube looks almost white or a very very light grey. I would recommend using a darker (middle grey) color for it.

- The stitiching on the back on the one boot looks awfully black but I’d let that pass as weathering ;-)

- The cod piece itself looks pretty good but the arch stitiching should be (much) lower (please see reference picture)

Point of clarification please... By saying that these items are "...NOT relevant for Lancer approval at this time." Does it mean I have the option not to address them? Not that I don't want to, there are some items here that I think might be a bit of a challenge for me:

ELASTIC STRAP SITTING TOO LOW -- I can bring this a bit higher, but not too high enough to meet your requirement of meeting the height of the arch of the cod piece. Being a short trooper means, less leg height, I'm afraid.

ARCH STITCHING OF COD PIECE SHOULD BE LOWER -- Again, this can be addressed to as far as I can. Can only do so much though, again, because of my height.

Shall await for your advise Strider on these items that are "not relevant for Lancer approval for this time."

Thanks again!

• Like 1

SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED MODIFICATIONS

Dear Lancer Review Team,

Here's providing you with pictures of items needing some improvements.

Presentation is in order of prescription.

I shall provide you with pictures of the full costume once I get the chance.

ITEM #1 of 6:

- The mud flap too long and should be shortended by a bit over an inch

OPIJDId.jpg

UPDATED PICTURE (08.28.17)

EvzfWSt.jpg

ITEM #2 of 6:

- The back armor should sit higher. I would suggest shortening the back bridge shoulder straps by about an inch.

LeEdMzR.jpg