Dauitsch´s Lancer Deployment Request (APPROVED)

Since I have been added as a Pathfinder to the ranks of the 501st. Legion (TB#10761) as of today, I would like to apply for Lancer status.

See the following posting for my costume and some Lancer related detail shots...

The complete picture libary of mine can be accessed within my picload folder under:

https://pl.vc/1d5dbt

all my pictures related to the Biker project including my 501st. submission photos are as well availableon my picload under:

https://pl.vc/9aup7

boris_franke_02_vorne.jpg

boris_franke_02_rechts.jpg

boris_franke_02_links.jpg

boris_franke_02_hinten.jpg

boris_franke_02_gesicht.jpg

boris_franke_pose03.jpg

boris_franke_pose05.jpg

boris_franke_03_vorne.jpg

boris_franke_pose01.jpg

lancer_04.jpg

lancer_05.jpg

lancer_06.jpg

lancer_08.jpg

lancer_09.jpg

lancer_13.jpg

lancer_14.jpg

lancer_15.jpg

lancer_42.jpg

lancer_34.jpg

lancer_38.jpg

So this should be it for now, please let me know in case anything is missing or needs further documentation. In terms of meassurements for elastics and stuff, I did of course stick to the CRL defined values.

For further reference I did also publish my WIP within the German Garrison forum where it had been made sticky after I was asked by the Administrator to even extend it to serve as an officially featured "How To" which I am currently doing.

have a look at: http://www.501st.de/...3453#post_33428

Looking forward to your opinions and judgment!

• Like 2

Hey Boris,

thanks for your application. Your scout looks great and I can tell the amount of research and dedication you put in there. Just a few tweaks and you're well on your way to Lancer:

- Could you confirm on the bolts used for your helmet? They should be original grey 3M bolts or replicas thereof.

- The drop boxes sit a little uneven, particularly when viewed from the sides. Just straighten them out a bit and it'll be fine.

- The chevron of the cod piece looks a little low. I would first try to pull up the cod piece a bit to see if it does the trick.

So, alltogether just a few quick points - good job!

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for looking into my application and the provided feedback! See the follwoing comments below...

- Could you confirm on the bolts used for your helmet? They should be original grey 3M bolts or replicas thereof.

• Yes I can confirm that I use replicas of the grey 3M bolts (even though the lighting on the picture let them appear white(ish), they are grey in the correct tone). When I received the lid, it had rivets but I replaced them with the 3M replicas as one of the first things I did at all on my build
  • I hope its not an issue that I dont use a liner but I felt that I am way more comfy with just having foam and elastic straps (chin cup is missing but since it is optional I prefer to let it out so far)

lancer_46.jpg

img_2617.jpg

img_2614.jpg

- The drop boxes sit a little uneven, particularly when viewed from the sides. Just straighten them out a bit and it'll be fine.

• I have to confess that the wrong allignment of the boxes on my application pictures was simply due to an inaccurate wearing, as you can see on the pictures below, they are designed absolutely even and also if worn correctly they sit quite even on myself as well
  • On the other hand and since the can be affixed via velcro on the back of the belt dynamicly its just a matter of dressing (which I will certainly bear in mind when gearing up futurewise)

lancer_10.jpg

lancer_10a.jpg

lancer_10b.jpg

- The chevron of the cod piece looks a little low. I would first try to pull up the cod piece a bit to see if it does the trick.

• Also the cod piece was just a bit misalligned or what I think the ankle of the picture made the chevron to appear it a bit to low
  • As you can see on the pictures the dimensions fit quite well, the chevron is designed to make a line with the upper edge of the riding patch rounding
  • Last but not least a picture of the whole dimensions for Belt, boxes and cod-piece setup on my mannequin

lancer_12.jpg

lancer_12a.jpg

lancer_12b.jpg

lancer_48.jpg

I hope this is fine now, if not, just let me know...

Not sure if I understand what you mean by that, I dont have any other helmet like the one I already posted above having the 3M replikas as requested by Strider (the one you can also see on all my other pictures), or do you mean kinda selfietime like this...

17821539_2257254984499028_1687.jpg

17857400_2257254991165694_1805.jpg

• Like 1

Boris, thanks for your application and for making the requested changes. You have done a great job and the team has awarded you the rank of Lancer. Now get out there and make us proud. Congrats! :duim:

Send your action pic to Cheyenne (Forest Ranger) and we'll get you added to the wall!

• Like 1