Review of the NI Scout Trooper Helmet V2

I am starting a review topic on the NI V2 Scout Trooper helmet. I ordered it two days ago and will be posting my pics as well as a full review on the helmet. Here are some pics of the helmet up close I found. More review when the helmet comes.

bay0.jpg

gtmy.jpg

xi74.jpg

tjda0.jpg

t9mr1.jpg

2vdm.jpg

kxx8.jpg

h9lh4.jpg

Really interested in this thread. Good luck to you and thanks for "taking one for the team". From these pics it looks nice but since you just ordered it I'm sure they're stock photos. Can't wait for it's arrival. I was very close this time last year to ordering it myself but ended up getting ahold of MLC.

• Like 2

Really interested in this thread. Good luck to you and thanks for "taking one for the team". From these pics it looks nice but since you just ordered it I'm sure they're stock photos. Can't wait for it's arrival. I was very close this time last year to ordering it myself but ended up getting ahold of MLC.

Yes it does look great. I have been emailing the guy and told him the ENTIRE 501st scout trooper site bikerscout.net wanted to see the helmet. Told him I was going to do a review...... I think I made him nervous...... been kind of quiet since that email....ROFL

• Like 1

Ugh..Hunter you could have gotten a tried and true helmet for way less then that brother. Taking one for the team is one thing, but spending more money then you have to is another, especially on a helmet that's not well known. You're gonna have to let me have a look at that when you get it in. I'm curious as well, and I can always bring a KS and LW helmet to compare it to.

• Like 2

Ugh..Hunter you could have gotten a tried and true helmet for way less then that brother. Taking one for the team is one thing, but spending more money then you have to is another, especially on a helmet that's not well known. You're gonna have to let me have a look at that when you get it in. I'm curious as well, and I can always bring a KS and LW helmet to compare it to.

We can go over the helmet when it comes. Sure bring your KS and LW helmets and we can comapre the helmets. Look at it this way at least I did not get a SF one..... ;)

• Like 1

Looks pretty good! Have to see the pics of the one you receive

Looks pretty good! Have to see the pics of the one you receive

No I have not. I have emailed him to see if I can get more pictures and info.

Looks nice :)

But, the back looks a little wonky doesn't it? The indentations are a bit spread apart, and the two leftmost are not separated at all.

I see that and I was told that the finished one does not have that problem.

• 3 weeks later...

if I can make a suggestion....

to get better more accurate pics with much less distortion, try standing back from the helmet about 4-6ft, zoom in on it and take the pics, this reduces the camera distortion quite a lot...

if I can make a suggestion....

to get better more accurate pics with much less distortion, try standing back from the helmet about 4-6ft, zoom in on it and take the pics, this reduces the camera distortion quite a lot...

Thanks but I will have better pics. I took these at work with my cell... Not from my DSLR camera.

Wow that looks kick ass. How long did it take to receive?

It took around 3 weeks. Faster than I thought it would take. It was mailed from Great Britain on the 22 and I got it today. Not bad since it had to come across lots of land and a huge body of water and then tucked to Florida. I do not see many Royal Mail by the way. I loved the BBC Top Gear episode were they raced in a fast Car and we're trying to beat the Royal Mail. BEST SHOW EVER...:);)

• 3 weeks later...

So... is the general opinion positive on this?

I'm currently building my own lid, but have been beset with problems. In the meantime, someone has come along and offered me one of these lids relatively cheap......