RedKap Flight Siut Mod

Starwheels

Hi there Everyone currently working on a TB Bulid & thought i would put this mod up here so others can follow what i did (had to get someone too do the sewing part as i can sew to save myself)

if you dont have the overalls yet you can get them from amazon link here ---> https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Redcap Coveralls As A Flight Suit For A Scout Trooper

Make Sure You Got Black Cotton For Sewing No Other Colour Can Be Used !

1, The back pockets have to be unstitched, the material can be repurposed for making the mandarin collar.

2, Unstitch the left side of the upturned collar, workout where you going to have the 2 stripes of Velcro ( see photo below )

& sew 1 side of the Velcro to the mandarin collar flap & the other side of the Velcro to the upturned Collar.

( make sure you can't see any stiching from the velcro on the front of the mandarin collar )

now make sure you have folded all edges in to hide the edge of the material & sew them, now sew 3 edges shut but leave one of the short ends open, now slide The mandarin collar flap down into the unstitched collar opening that you unstitched earlier have it in about 1-2 inches (5 cm) in the upturned collar, and stitch them together as one & make sure the fold is at the top

3, The RedKap also has a "utility knife" pocket on the right leg that needs to go. The chest pockets arguably could stay as they're covered by the vest and armor, but can be removed & good for making repairs as then its the same material when doing repairs

This is what the overalls should look like when the mods too the collar have been completed

Pic_3.jpg

4, You need to add the Suede or faux suede thigh patches extending over the flight suit crotch and down the front finishing above the knee armor. The thigh patches must be secured by 50mm (2") black elastic, sewn in under the front and back of the thigh patch.

pic_1.jpg

Front Veiw

Pic_2.jpg

Back Veiw

photos were done by a friend

have fun with making your mandarin collar & mods to your overalls

James

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I get butterflies in my stomach thinking of tailoring my flight suit to fit me. I did rip the back pockets off and will work on getting that utility pocket off in the coming days. Good look modifying yours.